Sunday, July 6, 2008

July 6, 2008


Camo is soo happy and in such a great mood this morning :) He had a pretty rough night last night (extreme irritability, caused from a number of things: the disease, exhaustion and ready to get of this bed!)... but it's okay because we would be the same way! He had a GRAND TOTAL of 50 cc's of urine yesterday (Saturday)! Yipee!!! Thank God!!
We gave him a (much needed) sponge bath this morning... and he loved it! We have a really sweet nurse, who really seems to give Camdyn some extra T.L.C. :) we placed a favorite truck of his in the bath - to help entertain him (it worked!). He cleaned his truck, while we washed him. He is squeaky clean now and smells like a fresh baby :) he is so precious.
His nurse noticed he had gobbled down all of his breakfast (waffle sticks and scrambled eggs) already this morning, so she requested a 2nd order for him... it just arrived and he is eating away. So wonderful to see he has his healthy (hefty!) appetite back :)
The dr. has ordered for a 10hour dialysis again today. The nurse is getting an early start, so hopefully later this day he can be finished and able to go for a wagon ride. He loves to do that!
His vitals seem to be steady... the only main concern (in addition to his kidney's) we have at this time, is that his Potassium is high :( He is on a low Potassium diet (which he is not too fond of - since it does not include his favorite food: "Macky-roni and cheese"), but we are hoping it will start to help and turn around to reflect a lower count asap.
will update again later today. Thank you again -sooo very much - for all of your prayers!!! We can not express our thankfulness enough! with love...

9 comments:

Ms. Lynn said...

I am so happy to hear of Camo's progress! I miss my "little man" and I can't wait for you to come back to school! I am so glad I got to visit you at the hospital yesterday and I am in constant prayer for you and your mommy and daddy. I love you!
Ms. Lynn

Sandra said...

This is such good news. It is amazing how Thankful we are with 50cc's of urine.

Camo and his family are in my thoughts and prayers all day long -I cannot stop thinking of this little guy, he is so special!

Laura thank you for doing this blog, it is sure helpful to keep up with Camo daily.

If you need anything I am a phone call, email or text away.

Big Hugs and Kisses to Camo!

Sandra

Godby Family said...

We are so excited and thankful to hear of Camo's progress. We are still praying that he will get better each day. Lauren left the message yesterday.

The Godby family

jonkerrigood@yahoo.com said...

Just wanted to let you know we are praying for you all. Haley was born with a disease called hirschsprungs and was unable to #2 for the 1st 2 weeks of her life. God blessed us with amazing docters at cooks which took great care of her, so we kind of understand what it is like to be happy about your child going to the restroom. That truly was what we prayed for. We will continue to pray for all of yall.
Jonathan, Kerri, Haley, and Kathryn

Atfulldraw said...

Awesome news!

Still praying for ya'll in Dallas.

Rod

Anonymous said...

YEEAAA CAMO!!! I'm so glad to hear that you are doing better. But I'm sad I didn't get a chance to see you this weekend :(. The girls told me all about it, (you were only loving on your Mr. Jerry huh... that sounds about right, lol). I am praying for you and miss you sooo much. I love you dude!
Ms. Keyia

Aunt_Jamie said...

Sweet Camo! We love you so much. It was so good seeing you yesterday. You looked like you were feeling much better. We love to see you smile. Love, Aunt Jamie, Uncle B, Christopher and Ben Ben

Kristen said...

Hi Laura, I just found out about your blog today..I have been thinking about your little man ever since I found out he was in the hospital..I'm so glad he is making progress!! God Bless you, Camo and your entire family!
Love and prayers!
Kristen Naidoo and family

Gatorgirl said...

I'm so glad you started this, it helps to hear more news than just what we're worried about...this is wonderful and I pray that he keeps up all this progress. Hang in there and be sure to keep yourself healthy and happy - he needs his momma! Love you...Michelle Barron and family