Monday, June 30, 2008

June 30, 2008







Today was a pretty good day. Camdyn slept more of the day, than he was awake (which we are happy for him to be getting his rest, but so sad we have very little awake time to play with him and talk to him). Camdyn ate a few bites of pancakes and eggs for breakfast (a little more than the day before... so that's an improvement!). He didn't have much appetite for lunch. Although when he woke up around 4pm - our little man was craving pizza! so, he had a slice of pizza for dinner. He has been keeping most all of his fluids down. Still we have not seen any tinkle or b.m. in his diaper. The rough spot of the day was this evening. We decided to give him a sponge bath, to help relax & refresh him - while the nurses placed new sheets on his bed. He was less than thrilled to be given a bath right then, he really just wanted to sleep. While we were finishing up with his sponge bath - the nurse looked at the area on his chest where the catheter is (from surgery) and she stated we needed to take the old bandages off an replace them.. to avoid any infection. Camdyn was miserable while the nurse was struggling to pull away the taping/bandages from his sensitive skin. We know it was hurting him - we could almost feel the pain as well. His little face was bright red, an tears were flowing. He was squeezing mommy's fingers as tightly as possible. Once the bandages were finally replaced with new ones - he started complaining about how badly his neck hurts. We look at it, and can see why! The incision the dr. made to insert the catheter into his neck - had a small bandage over it (used to be white, now was mostly dark reddish black) and on top of the small bandage is a larger bandage - almost like a waterproof tape. We looked closely at this area and began to become quickly concerned. It looks as if it may be infected? it is bright red around the incision and seems to be worsening. We showed the nurse who called a dr. in to examine. He stated we needed to give him an antibiotic tonight, in case it is becoming infected (he also mentioned it could just be serious chaffing on his neck from the constant movement he makes). He can not take the bandage off because he is not a surgeon. A surgeon has been requested to come to our room in the morning to further examine. Please pray this is nothing but sensitive skin needing a little TLC. We hope no infection has begun to set in.
Thank you again for all your love, time, efforts and prayers. We love you and thank you for showing such great love to us and our little Camdyn Michael Racer Slack :)

11 comments:

Latesha said...

Love you Camo!!Maddox and I have been thinking about you and praying for you to get better soon.
Love you
Tesh

Aunt_Jamie said...

We love you Camo! You are in our prayers constantly. Can't wait to come see you again. Love, Aunt Jamie, Uncle B, Christopher and Ben Ben :)

Myra D. said...

Laura, I just wanted you to know we are praying for Camdyn. If there is anything at all I can do just call me. Anytime. If you just need me to come sit with you I can. Love you, Myra

Papaw and Nana said...

Papaw and Nana

We want you back to our little guy. Love, prayers, and hugs to "Bobby".

Anonymous said...

Dearest cuz-n,
I am so sorry to hear about the ongoing struggle with Camdyn's health. We are praying for you both and believing he will be better soon! We want to come and see you all but Grandmommy King said you all have so much to take care of and are so tired that it wasn't a good time. We would like to come see you and Camdyn when you are ready to recieve visitors!

Laura, you are strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. We are praying for you too!

much love,
<3 Sarah and Aaron

Kristal Meacham said...

Laura/Rod - I love you guys and I've been constantly praying for you and your sweet baby boy. If there is anything that I can do, please let me know. I put Camdyn on a prayer list at church and I've asked everyone I know to pray hard for Camdyns recovery. You guys are doing an amazing job staying strong for Camo ... Hang in there. Again, I love you guys so very much.

Love - Kristal

Andrea "The H family" said...

Hi, I'm April Williams friend and I have your son on our prayer list. I pray for healing --Quickly!! I'm so glad your blogging and please know you are in my daily prayers.
In Him and praying in FAITH,
Andrea

Grandmommy and PaPa"G" said...

PaPa"G" and I are praying for you day and night. We are ready for you to be well soon and come over to ride the 4 Wheeler. We know you are in good hands because you are in His hands. We love you sooo much!!! See you soon :)

Grandmommy and PaPa"G"

Anonymous said...

Prayers sent to your family. this is PJ Starrett(diamondrules on tbh) I will be there tomorrow with my son who might have to have surgery on spine. Might look you up.

Momma Stuart said...

I am a friend of Rod and Alison's, just wanted to say that my family is thinking about you guys and keeping you in our prayers. We hope Camo starts feeling better soon!

Abby Stuart

Lacy Lineweaver said...

Laura, My entire family is constantly praying for your little man. Stay strong and keep leaning on the Lord. If you need anything, remember I am just across the street.

Love you,

Lacy